Tuesday 10 March 2009

Welcome!

Hi

First of all I believe it would be proper for me to introduce myself!
My name is Kit Mackenzie, I'm 15 years old and currently reside in the city of Edinburgh, UK.

The idea behind this blog is to allow others to see the paths I am following in order to become a Director of Photography. For those of you who may be vague on what one of these is, wikipedia provides the following definition of Cinematography, the craft DoPs practice.
Cinematography (from Greek: kinesis κινησις (movement) and grapho γραφω (to record)), is the making of lighting and camera choices when recording photographic images for the cinema. It is closely related to the art of still photography. Many additional issues arise when both the camera and elements of the scene may be in motion, though this also greatly increases the possibilities at the same time.
More found here

I am beginning this blog as I hope others may be interested in what I am doing to get myself noticed and maybe on the off chance that someone in the industry may see this blog and allow me to have my first step on the ladder as it were.

I will try and update this weekly although with school exams and other things this may be difficult. I will try and make up for missed posts by doing 2 the next week.

Please feel free to leave comments with what you think about this blog and any ideas you have that could improve it.

If you use Twitter you can follow me here. You can easily use the RSS feed to keep up with this blog.

Kit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is great!
xx

Anonymous said...

you're welcome
xx

108th Pentland Scouts said...

Kit - we want more mp3's
i like it... although didn't red anything cos there is so much - limitations boyy!

from graham